I am on day 6 and already feeling awful (weak, tired, headaches, nausea, achy) so I’m looking for more options. I got some chicken today at Whole Foods and that did help quite a bit. I got some unsalted tortilla chips and was wondering about salsa that would be ok to dip them in. I bought Boston Burger Company Inferno Habanero Salsa. Ingredients: tomatoes, onion, sugar, honey, blended oil, jalapeno chili peppers, habanero chili peppers, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, black pepper. I called them and they confirmed that the salt is iodized unfortunately. I’m wondering though if it will still be ok to eat in very, very small amounts since the salt is so far down on the ingredients list. Do you guys think it’s ok? Would you do it? I personally took the diet very seriously so that the RAI could do its work. Are you also off your SyntheoidSynthroid replacement? I’m thinking the symptoms you are feeling are due to that…not the diet. Keep in mind that you can have some great foods…there is a Facebook page specifically formthemLID that is very helpful. You can also make your own salsa! My LID is for a thyroid uptake test and scan, not for RAI. Graves was just diagnosed last week so I’m not on any thyroid medication yet, just beta blockers to keep my heart rate down a bit. I’ll just skip it for now, better safe than sorry! Thanks for the reply I’m on Day 7 of the LID for RAI and I make my own salsa – tomatoes, onions, cilantro and a bit of lime juice! I also make guacamole (pretty much the same, just add the avocado!) You can season food with herbs so I haven’t really missed the salt. For you chicken, try a balsamic vinegar, garlic and olive oil marinade – simple and tasty! If you like mexican, my favourite salad is the following, and it includes protein and good fats too! It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and I’ve eaten it for the past week with my lunch or dinner. 1 can black beans (no salt) 1 can corn niblets 1 red pepper (diced) 2 tomatoes (diced) 6 green onions (diced) 1 avocado (diced) cilantro (chopped), but optional! Dressing: 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1 clove garlic minced, pepper (or cayenne pepper) Put dressing ingredients in a jar and shake. Once you’ve put all the other ingredients in a bowl, toss with dressing! YUM! Hope this helps! I find it nice to have some things prepared that I can just grab when I’m too tired to cook… Join many others who understand what you're going through and are making important decisions about their health.
See all stories on this topic
from
http://www.commercialspy.com/low-iodine-diet-question-about-salsa-ingredients-listed/
No comments:
Post a Comment